Frequently Asked Questions - All Ulead Products

Items not falling into any other specific category

Moderator: sjj1805

Administrator
Site Admin

Frequently Asked Questions - All Ulead Products

Post by Administrator » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:04 pm

Please find below a number of Frequently asked questions.
I do not want this thread to bloat and lose the useful purpose for which it is intended and so this thread will be locked. In the topics below I shall include a heading followed by various links addressing the issue. Should you wish to debate any issues please do so in the original threads. Should you wish to have a FAQ added to this thread please send me a PM - sjj1805. Thank you. Steve Jones - Tutorials Moderator

Index.

DVD Burning / Playback issues
Which Camcorder Should I buy?
Converting your hard drive from FAT32 to NTFS.
How to add transitions to clips on VideoStudio overlay tracks
Re-Installation of Video Studio 9
Re-Installation of DVD Workshop 2
Re-Installation of Photo Impact 11
Re-Installation of Ulead Products
DVD Workshop 2 - Unable to display subtitles in preview Window
Manuals and FAQ for older Ulead Products
DVDMF4 Try Before You Buy
Audio / Video synchronization issues
What Bit Rate Settings etc Should I use?
How to fade in/out
I still can't get my program to work
PATCH for Kodak .MOV files
Smartsound Quicktracks
MF5 Size Estimation
Cannot connect or capture from my digital camcorder
My Camcorder has stopped working since installing SP2
How do I optimise my PC for capturing Video?
Brief Summary of AVI and MPEG2 formats
DVD Chapters - Return to Menu or Play next Clip.
Music Copyright
MF5: How to show the \"Drop Frame Counter
Add Movie Factory 4 Menu Templates to Movie Factory 5.
Video Studio 9 Extra Content
Best way to set up a multi-boot system
launch the Full version of Movie Factory from Media Studio 8
More Detailed Project Properties Information.
Converting 4.3 video to 16.9
Copying Buttons And Frames From Prior DVDMF Versions Into Version 5
How to correct the problem with Xvid format media clip's thumbnails being black in library and timeline.
Trial Version FAQ's
Customer Service FAQ's
Registration FAQ's
Downloading FAQ's
Ordering FAQ's Forum member skier-hughes
Graham Hughes, (Microsoft MVP) Has some problem pages on his personal website including the following:

My Camcorder is not working now I have installed SP2
Cannot capture from my Digital Camcorder
Out of Sync Audio and Video when editing Mpeg files

To see these and other Video Related Problems please click
This Link

The Ulead Website contains an extensive collection of Frequently Asked questions for all of their products. This collection is often overlooked by our members or they may be unaware of their existence.

The list is so huge that I shall simply show this link to the page from which you can select your product

http://www.ulead.com/tech/faq.htm

The lists contain questions under the following headings:
Technical FAQs
Select a product to find the answers related to the technical problems that you might encounter during your installation and usage. (e.g., why the error messages keep popping up? How to solve a compatibility problem.)

Product FAQs
Select a product to find the answers related to its differentiated features, targeted markets or users, and promotions. (e.g., why should I buy this product? Who needs this product? Is it better than other brand? Is there any bonus offers?)

Ordering FAQs
Check here for our ordering process, product guaranties, and so on.

Downloading FAQs
Check here if you have general questions about downloading a product from our web site.

Alternative Download Sites
Some Ulead Software is also available to download here.
Also here Ulead Download Centre (Thanks to forum member uleadme for this link.)
Another Download link here

Installation FAQs
Check here if you have general questions about installation a product.

Activation FAQs
Check here if you have general questions about program activation.

Registration FAQs
Check here if you have questions regarding program registration here.

Customer Service FAQs
Before you contact our Customer Service, check here first. You may have the same questions as our other customers.

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:04 pm

Re-Installation of Video Studio 9
Copy of a reply from ULEAD received by forum member chinito
Before commencing this procedure please ensure you do not have any video/clips in the folders to be deleted. If so please move them to another location.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Recv'd from ULEAD July 2005

Please logon as Administrator and try this reinstallation procedure;

1) Clean up C:\\Windows\\temp directory. Clean up all files in C:\\Documents and Settings\\[UserName]\\Local Settings\\Temp folder.

Uninstall VideoStudio 9 from control panel Add/Remove programs. Delete following folders =>C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Application Data\\Ulead Systems\\Ulead VideoStudio =>C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Application Data\\SmartSound Software Inc =>C:\\Documents and Settings\\[Username]\\My Documents\\Ulead VideoStudio =>C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Ulead Systems\\

Proceed to step 2, even if you can't complete step 1.

2) Delete folder {88F92798-59AB-474F-B40D-1EC5F782F7EE} in C:\\Program Files\\InstallShield Installation Information (Please set \"Show hidden files and folders.\" in folder option in OS)

3) Please del the folder \" Ulead VideoStudio 9.0\" folder in C:\\program files\\ulead system

4) Run Regedit from Start/Run in Windows task bar

5) Delete folder {88F92798-59AB-474F-B40D-1EC5F782F7EE} in KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall\\ (If you always see Ulead VideoStudio 9 file name showed in the Add/Remove Program, please do point 5)

6) Then reinstall UVS 9 again

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:05 pm

Re-Installation of DVD Workshop 2
Copy of a reply from ULEAD received by forum member tavideos
Before commencing this procedure please ensure you do not have any video/clips in the folders to be deleted. If so please move them to another location.
Clean Installation of DVD Workshop 2

1) Uninstall Ulead DVD Workshop 2 from control panel Add/Remove programs.

2) Delete folder {9869D4DD-D553-40D3-8859-F8911D406C69} in
C:\\Program Files\\InstallShield Installation Information (Please set \"Show hidden files and folders\" in folder option in Control Panel)

3) Please delete the folder \"Ulead DVD Workshop 2.0\" folder in C:\\program files\\ulead system

4) Run Regedit from Start/Run in Windows task bar

5) Delete folder {9869D4DD-D553-40D3-8859-F8911D406C69} in KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall\\
(If available)

6) Then reinstall it again.

Please install the ALL of the patches from this link:

http://www.ulead.com/tech/dws/dws_ftp.htm

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:05 pm

Re-Installation of Photo Impact 11
Following information kindly supplied by forum members Acadies and TootieFruitie I am able to publish the below.
Before commencing this procedure please ensure you do not have any of your own files in the folders to be deleted. If so please move them to another location.
A simple reinstallation or repair from the control panel might not be enough. Please perform the reinstallation procedure this way:

1 ) Launch Windows Explorer and go to tools\\folder option\\advance setting to check \"show hidden files and folders\".

2 ) Purge/delete all the files in these folders:

\"C:\\Windows\\Temp\"
\"C:\\Documents and Settings\\[User Name]\\Local Settings\\Temp\" (for WinXP)
\"C:\\Documents and Settings\\[User Name]\\Application Data\\Ulead Systems\\Ulead PhotoImpact\\11.0\"

3 ) Uninstall PhotoImpact from control panel Add/Remove programs

4 ) Delete the folder \"C:\\Program Files\\Ulead Systems\\Ulead PhotoImpact 11\"

5 ) Delete folder {C8550C86-A712-4219-AD4C-038C9FD1D149}
in
C:\\Program Files\\InstallShield Installation Information (Please set \"Show hidden files and folders\" in folder option in Control Panel)

6 ) Run Regedit from Start/Run in Windows task bar

7 ) Delete folder {C8550C86-A712-4219-AD4C-038C9FD1D149} in KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall\\
(If available)

8 ) Reinstall PhotoImpact 11.

9 ) Install any patches.

Note: Make sure you still have a copy of the installer before you uninstall the software. Before installing, please temporarily close other running programs or applications including antivirus, Norton utilities, screensaver, other memory resident programs including Internet connection, etc. to avoid unnecessary conflict and restrictions within your system.

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:06 pm

Re-Installation of Ulead Products
If you look at the above 3 posts relating to the re-installation of
Video Studio 9 / DVD Workshop 2 / PhotoImpact 11 you will see that the procedure is in essence the same for each product. From this we can deduce the procedure to be followed for all other products where the only variance will be in the areas marked below. At item 5 and item 7 below the folder will be listed in a table at the bottom of this post.

A simple reinstallation or repair from the control panel might not be enough. Please perform the reinstallation procedure this way:

1 ) Launch Windows Explorer and go to tools\\folder option\\advance setting to check \"show hidden files and folders\".

2 ) Purge/delete all the files in these folders:

\"C:\\Windows\\Temp\"
\"C:\\Documents and Settings\\[User Name]\\Local Settings\\Temp\" (for WinXP)
\"C:\\Documents and Settings\\[User Name]\\Application Data\\Ulead Systems\\Ulead PhotoImpact\\11.0\" (Substitute with your product here)

3 ) Uninstall PhotoImpact (Substitute with your product here) from control panel Add/Remove programs

4 ) Delete the folder \"C:\\Program Files\\Ulead Systems\\Ulead PhotoImpact 11\" (Substitute with your product here)

5 ) Delete folder shown in list below.
in

6 ) Run Regedit from Start/Run in Windows task bar

7 ) Delete folder shown in list below in KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall\\
(If available)

8 ) Reinstall PhotoImpact 11. (Substitute with your product here)

9 ) Install any patches.

Note: Make sure you still have a copy of the installer before you uninstall the software. Before installing, please temporarily close other running programs or applications including antivirus, Norton utilities, screensaver, other memory resident programs including Internet connection, etc. to avoid unnecessary conflict and restrictions within your system.

Table of Folder names for items 5 and 7 above.
If anyone can supply further additions to this list please send a PM to me sjj1805 so that I can include them.

Product .....................................................................Folder
COOL 360 ................................................................{AC1FBAF2-2B8D-4E9D-B881-37D1A52E77C5}
COOL 3D Production Studio ......................................{BFDC2A9E-70DB-4A33-BAAF-1F995CE33902}
Data-Add 2.0 ............................................................{AD8E6D29-95EC-494E-8AF5-566E784819A6}
DVD MovieFactory 4.0 Disc Creator ..........................{448AB2CB-C94A-47DE-80B8-9D7824DEFA57}
DVD Movie Factory 5 ...............................................{8F6E4272-B797-4523-8A4E-9FF01E1E0B16}
DVD Player 2.0.........................................................{E5C13A44-7C32-4CBB-B318-518B54F834C5}
DVD WS 2................................................................{9869D4DD-D553-40D3-8859-F8911D406C69}
MediaStudio Pro 8.0 ................................................{A6E71574-2126-4E95-816E-32B2411C94BA}
MediaStudio Pro 8.0 Smart Compositor Designer ...{3AB11FF4-2841-4852-B682-9DBC872171AC}
PhotoImpact 11 .......................................................{C8550C86-A712-4219-AD4C-038C9FD1D149}
Ulead Photo Explorer 8.6 ........................................{025C3792-E9C6-432A-92C1-661F99D021CA}
Video Studio 8 …………………….…….……………………….. {4F1DA6BF-3614-48A1-9970-9E90F646789E}
Video Studio 9 .........................................................{88F92798-59AB-474F-B40D-1EC5F782F7EE}
Video Studio 10+…………………………………………………. {E188D820-1218-4E28-8BCA-91134C3664C2}
Last edited by Administrator on Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:06 pm

Audio / Video synchronization issues
I do not want this thread to bloat and lose the useful purpose for which it is intended and so this thread will be locked. In the topics below I shall include a heading followed by various links addressing the issue. Should you wish to debate any issues please do so in the original threads. Should you wish to have a FAQ added to this thread please send me a PM - sjj1805. Thank you. Steve Jones - Tutorials Moderator

Topic: Avoid Problems: Use Recommended Procedure For Video Studio
http://phpbb.ulead.com.tw/EN/viewtopic.php?t=27
This is THE most important thread that should be read by all new users.
You are strongly advised to follow the Recommended Procedure (below) because it details steps that YOU should take to avoid several serious bugs in Video Studio. If you ignore this procedure, thinking that you can operate Video Studio intuitively, you will be disappointed and frustrated by the problems you encounter on the path to a high quality DVD. Be sure you can burn DVDs before you invest a lot of time perfecting a long video project.
Topic: VideoStudio 9 Audio Sync Problems
http://phpbb.ulead.com.tw/EN/viewtopic.php?t=12118
This thread includes an explanation of the difference between AVI files and MPEG files. It includes a description of Codec and Program Time Stamps.

Topic: AV Asynchrony, Smart Render And The Frame Redundancy Bug
http://phpbb.ulead.com.tw/EN/viewtopic.php?t=3525
Here is a very interesting and informative article written by forum member alosada
For the past several years, audioideo asynchrony in VideoStudio and other Ulead programs has been blamed on a number of factors relating to the hardware and software we use or the way we use them. However, many people have rightly complained that they follow the good practices recommended in this forum and yet continue to have AV asynchrony problems. What follows is a compilation of the results I have obtained after a fair amount of testing following my recently bumping into what might be the origin of some: the frame redundancy bug.
Topic: Audio Sync Issue...
http://phpbb.ulead.com.tw/EN/viewtopic.php?t=1467
Currently this thread is 5 pages long and so includes plenty of debate concerning out of synchronization issues.

When everything else fails view this
http://phpbb.ulead.com.tw/EN/viewtopic.php?t=11524

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:07 pm

What Bit Rate Settings etc Should I use?

An often asked question is what bit rate settings should I use
Another is how can I fit x hours onto a single DVD.
Please also view This link relating to MF5

One way is to use fit and burn.
Another is instead of using \"Fit and Burn\" do it manually.
At the bottom left of the screen of most (if not all) Ulead products are two icons, the one on the right is like a cog wheel. Click this to bring up a dialog box \"Project Settings.\"
Then click on change MPEG Settings.

A list appears of various predefined settings according to the length of your video. Let say you have a video which is 133 minutes long.

The nearest available predefined setting SP will get you 120 minutes.
However that setting has LCPM as the chosen audio format.

Select that setting. Then again select Change MPEG Settings and select Customize. Click the Compression Tab and alter the Audio to Dolby.

It will probably now fit. If it doesn't then repeat the above process but also change the bit rate currently showing 2500 to something slightly lower, perhaps 2000.

You can also use a bit rate calculator rather than a guestimate
There are plenty on the web, here's one
http://www.videohelp.com/calc.htm

The following are the pre-defined MPEG settings contained in DVD Workshop 2
I would however use Dolby (AC3) in preference to the suggested audio settings below.

PAL

High Quality (Approx. 60 min per DVD)
MPEG files
24 Bits, 720 x 576, 25 fps
(DVD-PAL), 4:3
Video data rate: Variable (Max. 8000 kbps)
Audio data rate: 256 kbps
AC-3 Audio, 48 KHz, 2/0(L,R)

Good Quality (Approx. 90 min per DVD)
MPEG files
Video data rate: Variable (Max. 4000 kbps)

Standard Play (Approx. 120 min per DVD)
MPEG files
Video data rate: Variable (Max. 2500 kbps)

Long Play (Approx. 180 min per DVD)
MPEG files
24 Bits, 352 x 576, 25 fps

NTSC

High Quality (Approx. 60 min per DVD)
MPEG files
24 Bits, 720 x 480, 29.97 fps
(DVD-NTSC), 4:3
Video data rate: Variable (Max. 8000 kbps)
LPCM Audio, 48 KHz, Stereo

Good Quality (Approx. 90 min per DVD)
MPEG files
Video data rate: Variable (Max. 4000 kbps)

Standard Play (Approx. 120 min per DVD)
MPEG files

Long Play (Approx. 180 min per DVD)
MPEG files
24 Bits, 352 x 480, 29.97 fps
Audio data rate: 224 kbps
MPEG audio layer 2, 48 KHz, Stereo

Calculating the Optimum bitrate.

A lengthy and informative article has been written by forum member Gorf
here: http://phpbb.ulead.com.tw/EN/viewtopic.php?p=60393
This also included a downloadable excel spreadsheet with suggested settings.
The Spreadsheet is available by clicking here.

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:07 pm

Video Studio (all versions)
How to fade into the first video Clip or out of the last video clip

A frequently asked question is how do I fade into my first video clip or fade out at the end. This picture tells a thousand words:

Regards
Steve J

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:08 pm

I've done everything you suggested but I still can't get this to work!

I thought I would share this whilst it was still fresh in my mind and may assist many of our members who are still having various problems with their Ulead product despite having tried every suggestion put forward by our forum.

I recently changed my Main \"C\" Hard Drive having purchased the new one from a reputable nationwide computer superstore.
I began to install everything onto this brand new, shop bought Hard Drive from scratch. Firstly the Windows XP Professional SP2 operating system, all the necessary drivers and eventually all of my Ulead Software.
Theoretically I now have a perfectly clean system and everything should work without any problems.

However.......
Smartsound refused to work in Media Studio Pro - It said I didn’t have any. Uninstalled - re-installed, still missing etc.
Another problem in Media Studio Pro - the smart compositor. Existing compositions were OK but any new 'Home made one's' refused to attach themselves using the exe files created with the design tool.
I knew they were fine because I have several hard drives and booting from one of those other hard drives proved they were OK.
Using the zip file method of attaching them caused Media Studio to crash if I tried to use one of those new ones.
In Movie Factory 4 I was unable to click the insert slideshow button - the program would instantly crash.

There were some other problems also but I think you get the picture - something was wrong with my computer. I spent several days attempting all sorts of fixes such as the system file checker, defragmentation of the hard drive, Registry Mechanic, Norton System Works disc checker, windows checker and still couldn't cure these problems.
I ran chkdsk /f which also reported no problems.

I was still not convinced that there was nothing wrong with my hard drive despite using chkdsk /f.

I therefore used the following command instead.
Firstly from START | RUN type CMD to bring up a DOS like command window. Now type the following and press ENTER

chkdsk /r

I must warn you that this process will take quite a few hours; you may want to do this overnight. It will re-boot your system then run before Windows restarts. It carries out all of the functions of chkdsk /f but also checks for and marks any bad blocks found on the Hard Drive.

I was surprised to find that I had several bad blocks on this brand new shop bought hard drive. After this procedure had completed I was then able to rectify the earlier problems. Some problems are not instantly fixed and you have to follow the usual repair methods such as uninstall - reinstall - the difference this time is that these fixes now work.

I am happy to say that my system is now running correctly again and the earlier problems with smartsound, Smart compositor, failure to be able to create slideshows etc are all working correctly.

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:08 pm

PATCH for Kodak .MOV files
From forum member davemac
Tech support has given me a patch so that my MOV files will be correctly encoded. I don't know why this has not been discovered before, at least, from the posts that I have seen. I have used this patch for VS8 & also used it on VS10 & both have worked successfully. It successfully encodes to MPEG 2, although, I have not yet burnt a DVD with it (i.e. time constraints). For anyone else interested, here is the response I received (only one day wait) from Ulead tech Support...

[The program did not correctly encode your MOV files from your digital camera.
Please download the following patch and save it to \"C:\\Program Files\\Ulead Systems\\Ulead VideoStudio 8.0\\VIO\" directory.

(Hint - Change 8.0 to your version number)

ftp://userdl:guest@ftpph.ulead.com/uvqt.vio

Make sure VideoStudio is not running when applying the patch. ]

Hope this helps others.
Regards,
David

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:09 pm

Smartsound Quicktracks
I will tweak this article as new issues/cures arise

If your having problems with SmartSound Quicktracks
Try the following.

1. Download the update from the Smartsound Software website.
SmartSound Quicktracks adds soundtracks to a number of video editing applications. This update is for owners of Pinnacle Studio 9 Plus, Ulead VideoStudio 8 & 9, and Cyberlink PowerDirector 4 & 5. The update corrects an incompatibility with QuickTime 7

2. Silent Playback: When I preview music there is no sound.
The Problem:
After a SmartSound music download has completed, the preview of the file is silent.

The Cause:
The cause of this problem is conflict between Apple's QuickTime player version 7 and older version of SmartSound software.

Back-up Your Libraries:
Before you start any uninstall/reinstallation process you should back-up your SmartSound libraries. This article explains how.

The solution for Ulead customers is to update to the latest version of Quicktracks v3.0.3.0 http://www.smartsound.com/support/updates.html
1. Update to Quicktracks version 3.0.3.0 by visiting the web address above.
2. Open the SmartSound window (Pinnacle: Generate SmartSound Music), click the SmartSound button. Verify your version number (should be 3.0.3.0) by looking at the \"About\" tab just below the icon.
3. With the SmartSound option window open to the About Tab, select the Libraries tab. In the libraries tab you will see a library named Online Purchases. Double-click that library. This will display a list of all the songs you have purchased via the Maestro. Select the silent track and click the remove button.
4. Once the track has been removed, reinstall using the instructions in this article. article.

3. The Quicktracks installer returns error 1316, error 1603 or error 1706
1. Back-up your SmartSound library folders located at C:>Documents and Settings>All Users>Application Data>SmartSound Software Inc* (if you have music files in other locations you will need to back that up as well).

2. Uninstall the SmartSound Quicktracks Plug-in using the Add/Remove Programs feature in Windows. If you run into problems uninstalling Quicktracks, download and install the Windows Installer Clean-up Utility.
Once installed, run the utility by clicking the Windows Start button, selecting All Programs and then clicking the Windows Install Cleanup icon. Select and remove only the SmartSound Quicktracks Plug-in. Once that is done, browse to C:>Program Files>SmartSound Software and delete the Quicktracks folder.

3. Restart your computer. When ready (and before you run any programs) browse to C:>Documents and Settings>YOUR USERNAME>Local Settings>Temp* and delete everthing in that folder. You may receive an error that some of the files are in use. If so, skip those files and continue to delete the rest of the files. Once you have deleted those files, run the SmartSound Quicktracks 3.0.3.0 installer. It should installer properly.

4. Once installed, Run Pinnacle, Ulead, or CyberLink and test to see that it is working. If your music is missing, close the video editing software and restore the SmartSound folders that you backed-up earlier.

* If you do not see the Application Data and/or Local Settings folder you will need to change a setting in Windows. Browse to C:>Documents and Settings>All Users, click the \"Tools\" menu and choose \"Folder Options\". This will open an options window. Click the View tab and place a dot next to the option \"Show hidden files and folders\". Click \"Apply\" and then \"OK\". You will now be able to see the hidden folders.

Try rebuilding your Smartsound Libraries

Ulead VideoStudio
1. Open Ulead VideoStudio.
2. Click the \"Audio\" button and select the \"Auto Music\" tab.
3. Click the \"SmartSound Quicktracks\" button.
4. In the resulting window, click the \"About\" tab.
5. Click the \"Rebuild SmartSound Database\" button and click \"Yes\" to the warning message.
6. Once the process is complete, go back to the \"Auto Music\" window and search for the title of the song.

Ulead MediaStudio
1. Open Ulead MediaStudio.
2. Insert | Automusic
3. Click the \"SmartSound Quicktracks\" button.
4. In the resulting window, click the \"About\" tab.
5. Click the \"Rebuild SmartSound Database\" button and click \"Yes\" to the warning message.
6. Once the process is complete, go back to the \"Auto Music\" window and search for the title of the song

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:09 pm

MF5 Size Estimation
maddrummer3301 wrote:Hello,

Using MF5 when you import a dvd compliant file and add many chapters to the project the file estimation bar may grow beyond a 4.370 single sided disk.

This is because MF5 is automatically adding background music, motion menus & Menu Transisions also to the new chapters you have added and their referenced menu page.

To disable those advanced settings in the "Menu Creation" click on "Edit".
Assign background music to none.
Uncheck "Motion Menu"
Change the "Menu In" to "X" (none).
Change the "Menu Out" to "X" (none).

Remember the transisions are applied to all the chapter menu pages so they need to be reset.
You can use the feature "Apply To All Pages" to save time.

This will reset the calculation to match the source dvd compliant videos file size.

MD

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:10 pm

I Cannot connect or capture from my digital camcorder on an XP computer

Provided by forum member skier-hughes
skier-hughes website wrote:There are many reasons for not being able to capture, it is always best to start with the most obvious and work your way through.

With the computer on, connect the camcorder to the pc using a.........
To read the full article please click here.

Administrator
Site Admin

My Camcorder has stopped working since installing SP2

skier-hughes website wrote: Microsoft have now brought out a supported msdv fix for some models of camcorders suffering from the SP2 problem......

Administrator
Site Admin

How do I optimise my PC for capturing Video?

skier-hughes website wrote:Capturing dv-avi files is very work intensive for your pc. In order to capture without dropping frames, having music skipping etc optimising the pc is a must.......