processor: 2-90 gigahertz Intel Core i5 4460S
ram: 8 GB
video card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 705
sound card: P40D100-4 NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 8 TB

VideoStudio Smart Compositions.

Post by sjj1805 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:20 am

I was hoping the topic title would grab your attention :D

MediaStudio has something termed a Smart Compositor Designer tool.
This enables MediaStudio users to create short special effect sequences that can then be dropped into a video project. The Video's and sounds within that sequence are then replaced by the end user with their own.

These sequences are elaborate effects often used as opening sequences, though they can be used anywhere in the video. Here is a short example:
(Courtesy of Tobie Openshaw - Ulead) The opening sequence uses a 'Smart Composition'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXYttIgC ... h=betelnut

There is no reason why VideoStudio Users cannot share their creations with other members of this forum. What you need to do is save the VideoStudio Project file and then make it available for other members of this forum.

Having said this please be aware of a minor limitation - ONLY USE the sample clips that come included with VideoStudio.
If you do not follow this simple rule then the end user will get a nagging message complaining that it cannot find the necessary clips and will ask you to re-link them - which of course you cannot do as you don't have them.

Another point that must be borne in mind is that when sharing a VideoStudio Project file please identify which version of VideoStudio was used to create it. A Project file from an earlier version can be opened in a later version but not the other way round.

To share your projects you need to place the vsp file(s) onto the internet somewhere and then place a link to it. If you do not have much webspace then sign up to MediaMax and get 25GB (yes- that's gigabytes) of FREE web storage space Click here for details. You cannot build a website on MediaMax but you can place videos, photos, music and all sorts of stuff there, providing you do not infringe copyright.

Between us we can build ourselves a vast library of ready made routines ready to drop into our Home Movies.
Last edited by sjj1805 on Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

sjj1805
Site Admin
operating_system: Windows 10 Pro
motherboard: Hewlett Packard 2AF7
system_drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Shrinking a circle onto an item of interest.

Post by sjj1805 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:30 am

The first offering of our shared 'Smart Compositions' has been provided by forum member Trevor Andrew

http://uk.geocities.com/trevor.andrew@b ... circle.zip
This if for VideoStudio 9 (Or later)
Trevor's Instructions:

I just ran this process through VS 9 to create a shrinking circle.

This is what I did

Started new project
Add Green colour clip at 10 seconds
Add Black Colour clip At 10 sec.
Add transition at 10 sec ‘Wipe/Circle’
Rendered to DV to create a Avi file. (called—1 green circle)

Start new project
Insert new Dv-Avi in timeline (1 green circle)
Cut last 2 seconds and delete, this retained my circle on screen.
Rendered to new DV-Avi (called it 2 green circle)

Placed the ‘2 green circle’ in timeline in a new project (8 secs long)
Selected last frame in project mode, and from Tools-Save Current Frame as Image

Dragged Dv-Avi ‘2 green circle’ in overlay track
Placed Image saved from above in overlay track, (7 secs) adjacent to dv-avi
Total length of project 15 secs.
Applied Chrome Key to both clips to remove green colour.

Placed my cat to the main timeline, which looks just like a football (I13.jpg), from the image library. Set to 6 sec.
Placed the cat clip again to overlay track for 9 secs.

Set Pan and Zoom for first image.
Pan from centre of frame to middle of ball.
Zoom to –Start 112 end 150 ( these settings will require adjusting depending on the size of the image.)

Applied zoom to second image 150 start and end. (ticked the NO Panning box)

Render the project to Dv to produce the final video clip.
This should play much better than the project.
Add titles to the new video clip.

Result, the frame collapses to a small sized circle in the middle of the screen,
the image pans following the ball, keeping the ball in view.
The circle and image stay in view for a further 9 seconds—15 in all.

There may be many variations to this work flow, getting the circle to pan may be the next step.

Trevor

sjj1805
Site Admin

Title Overlay

Post by sjj1805 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:42 am

Here are some offerings by
Vidoman
and
Black Lab

Create your text in an image program like PhotoImpact, then save it as a *.png file. Your text should have a thick border, I used a 3 or 4 px border, and made the text color green. The background that your text is on, will be black. Then in VS place it on an overlay track, then set the chroma-key to the color of the center of your text, which in this case was green. Since you told VS that the transparency color is green, the black will cover the remainder of the screen.

Here's a couple of quick examples..

Example-1

Example-2

Example-4

Example of Black Lab's Method, SWF format

Black Lab's Method WMV format

In Example-4, I used the video file behind, and on top of the text/image file, and then used the title. The last few seconds shows just the text/image with the video file showing through. I also noticed that for some reason Putfile wants to stretch the video...

Quality is poor due to size, and done rather quickly...

@BlackLab
Another way to do it, just by using VideoStudio, is to use what is called an Intermediate Render.

In a new project create your title. Use black as your font color, with another color as the outline. (NOTE: if you just want a transparent title over your video then the color you use for the font has to be the same color you have designated to be the background color under File>Preferences>General Tab - in my case it is black. For a different effect use a font color that is different from your background color.)

When your clip is complete, choose Share>Create Video File. Put that new video file of your title in an Overlay track. With that clip selected, choose the Attribute tab and click on the Mask & Chroma Key button. Check the Apply Overlay Options box, make sure Chroma Key is the type selected, and choose black (or the color you used) as the keyed color. The font color, as well as the background, will then become transparent, showing the video in the main track thru your title.

sjj1805
Site Admin

Split Screen Effect - VideoStudio 10

Post by sjj1805 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:49 am

I used only sample clips installed with VS10+, not very fancy just an attempt to show how to make two clips do a \"Kiefer Sutherland 24\" effect.
Didnt have much time to get it all perfect as I am busy trying to edit my recent holiday video & pictures, but this works:

http://www.steve-jones.pwp.blueyonder.c ... s10pip.VSP

Administrator
Site Admin

Circlular PIP for VS9 & VS10

Post by Administrator » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:02 pm

This project will work with VideoStudio 9 and also VideoStudio 10+
If you have both versions then you only need to download file 1 \"circlesVS9.zip\".
If you only have VideoStudio 10+ then you also need to download file 2 \"circlesVS9videos.zip\" containing the sample videos which have been taken from VideoStudio 9.

http://www.mediamax.com/sjj1805/Links/69A67D6848

This project is based upon the following Tutorials and puts them all together to show
1. How to create a circular picture in picture effect
2. How to use a VideoStudio Project in the overlay track
3. How to use transitions in the overlay track.

The important thing is to make sure you unzip everything to the correct location.
The files in file 1 \"circlesVS9.zip\" should create files on your hard drive as follows:
C:\\projects\\circlemask.tif
C:\\project\\vs9circles01.vsp
C:\\projects\\vs9circles02.vsp

The files in file 2 \"circlesVS9videos.zip\" should create files on your hard drive as follows:
C:\\Program Files\\Ulead Systems\\Ulead VideoStudio 9.0\\Samples\\Video\\v12.avi
C:\\Program Files\\Ulead Systems\\Ulead VideoStudio 9.0\\Samples\\Video\\v13.avi
C:\\Program Files\\Ulead Systems\\Ulead VideoStudio 9.0\\Samples\\Video\\v14.avi

Please only download these files if you don't have them already.
My MediaMax account allows me to share 1GB of downloads per month which means that everytime somone downloads a file a piece of the 1GB is used up.

With all your files in place you open VideoStudio and then open
c:\\projects\\vs9circles02.vsp

The project file vs9circles01.vsp is what has been placed onto the overlay track. This highlights how you can place transitions, cuts and so forth onto an overlay track.

If you would like to create and share some VideoStudio projects with our members then I can strongly recommend that you sign up to MediaMax storage. It is FREE and provides you with a whopping 25GB (Yes - gigabytes) of FREE storage space. The only restriction is that you can only upload 1GB of stuff per month - you can only download 1GB per month (This includes others who have downloaded your files) if you want more you have to pay.
Last edited by Administrator on Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Administrator
Site Admin

Videos for use with Tutorials

Post by Administrator » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:44 pm

The sample videos that come with VideoStudio 9/10 & MediaStudio
are perhaps a bit too short when creating a tutorial or sharing a short composition.
With this in mind I have made available the following video files.
When creating Tutorials please place these video files into
C:\\projects
This way any VideoStudio or MediaStudio project files that you make available for sharing should then have no re-linking issues.
The videos are just short clips taken from a helicopter of the Grand Canyon in Arizona. I shot them myself and so please feel free to use them.

http://www.mediamax.com/sjj1805/Links/21ED3FFB34
Please Note that the FREE MediaMax account only allows me to share 1GB of downloads per month.

Windows Media Video 9
24 Bits, 768 x 576, 25 fps
Data rate 970 kbps
Frame-based
44.100 KHz, 16 Bits, Stereo

Video File Details
01.avi 20 Seconds 2701 KB
02.avi 05 Seconds 0826 KB
03.avi 10 Seconds 1514 KB
04.avi 11 Seconds 2272 KB
05.avi 11 Seconds 1709 KB
06.avi 17 Seconds 2506 KB