8 tbsp olive oil
flour, for dusting
400g /14oz chicken thighs, skinned and boned
150g /5½oz small onions, peeled
1 carrot, very finely chopped
1 celery stalk, very finely chopped
300g/10½oz button mushrooms, halved
200ml/7fl oz dry white wine
500ml/18fl oz chicken stock
freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
3 free range egg yolks, beaten with 4 tsp of milk
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat six tablespoons of the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
2. Sprinkle some flour onto a plate. Coat the chicken thighs in the flour, shaking off any excess, and carefully place into the hot oil. Fry the chicken thighs for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until golden-brown on each side.
3. Remove the chicken thighs from the pan and set aside on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
4. Heat the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan and fry the onion, carrot, celery and mushrooms for five minutes, or until softened.
5. Add the wine and the stock, bring to a simmer and cook for a further 10 minutes.
6. Return the chicken to the pan and season to taste with salt, freshly ground black pepper and nutmeg. Continue to simmer for another 4-5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through
7. Just before serving, stir in the egg yolk mixture until smooth and sprinkle over the parsley.
Recipes and links to cookery sites and on-line cookbooks.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 1116
- Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:45 am
- motherboard: Hewlett Packard 2AF7
- system_drive: C
- 32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
- processor: 2-90 gigahertz Intel Core i5 4460S
- ram: 8 GB
- video card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 705
- sound card: P40D100-4 NVIDIA High Definition Audio
- Hard_Drive_Capacity: 8 TB
- Location: Birmingham UK