Recipes and links to cookery sites and on-line cookbooks.
- Posts: 1118
- Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:45 am
- operating_system: Windows 10 Pro
- motherboard: Hewlett Packard 2AF7
- system_drive: C
- 32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
- processor: 2-90 gigahertz Intel Core i5 4460S
- ram: 8 GB
- video card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 705
- sound card: P40D100-4 NVIDIA High Definition Audio
- Hard_Drive_Capacity: 8 TB
- Location: Birmingham UK
This pork and apple casserole dish is a great weaning recipe for toddlers. A good balanced meal of meat and vegetables that can feed all the family and be easily pureed for a tasty toddler meal.
- 2 pork steaks, trimmed of fat and diced
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- Half a small swede, diced
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 3 or 4 small new potatoes, diced
- A handful of broccoli florets
- 1 small eating apple, peeled & sliced
- Mixed herbs
- 1 baby stock cube
- 1 tbsp apple sauce
Gently fry the onions for a few minutes in a little oil before adding the pork steaks and browning.
Add the swede, carrot, potato and apple and mix well. Leave to cook gently for a couple of minutes. Crumble over the stock cube and mixed herbs then add enough boiling water to cover the ingredients (you can add more as you go on). Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer, and add the broccoli. Stir in the apple sauce and mix well.
Leave to simmer for 30 minutes, until the veggies are soft and meat is tender. Puree to desired consistency.