n Windows the TrustedInstaller account has ownership of some of the Operating System files and folders, if you have removed the TrustedInstaller ownership to modify a system file or folder and want to re-add TrustedInstaller as the owner again you need to do the following:
1. Browse to the file or folder you want to give TrustedInstaller ownership and right click on it to get the context menu to appear.
2. Click on “Properties”.
3. This should bring up the Properties window.
4. Click on the “Security” Tab.
5. Click on the “Advanced” button.
6. Click on the “Owner” Tab.
7. Click on the “Edit” button.
8. Click on the “Other users or groups” button
9. In the empty box copy and paste or type the following: NT Service\TrustedInstaller
10. Now click the “Check Names” box it should underline TrustedInstaller
11. Finally close the windows by pressing the “OK” button then accept the message box by pressing “OK” again and then press the “OK” box twice more to close all the open windows.
Various changes to the Windows Operating System, also for the Intranet
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 1120
- Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:45 am
- motherboard: Hewlett Packard 2AF7
- system_drive: C
- 32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
- processor: 2-90 gigahertz Intel Core i5 4460S
- ram: 8 GB
- video card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 705
- sound card: P40D100-4 NVIDIA High Definition Audio
- Hard_Drive_Capacity: 8 TB
- Location: Birmingham UK