by Keith Floyd
from Floyd on Britain and Ireland
Makes 225g/8oz dough
Preparation time 30 mins to 1 hour
Cooking time no cooking required
225g/8oz plain flour
25g/1oz caster sugar
1 egg yolk
cold water, to mix
1. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
2. Cut the fat into the flour and then rub between the fingertips until a fine breadcrumb consistency is achieved.
3. Add the sugar. Mix to a firm dough with the egg yolk and a little water.
4. Allow to rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before using.
Recipes and links to cookery sites and on-line cookbooks.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 1120
- Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:45 am
- motherboard: Hewlett Packard 2AF7
- system_drive: C
- 32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
- processor: 2-90 gigahertz Intel Core i5 4460S
- ram: 8 GB
- video card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 705
- sound card: P40D100-4 NVIDIA High Definition Audio
- Hard_Drive_Capacity: 8 TB
- Location: Birmingham UK